Friday 1 January 2016

How old????

 
December 25, 2015



 
One afternoon after University, I was on the Piccadilly line heading to my grandmas to meet up with my mum. For those who don't know what the Piccadilly line is, it's a train line name (in London), anyway, I got on and sat down looking up at the tube maps, like I do all the time. It's better to not make eye contact with anyone if I'm staring up and listening to my music, however, I screwed up that day. It was about 2.30, I know that much cause I was trying to beat the school kids before they get out of school, the train stopped at Finsbury Park, and like normal, people got on and people got off. One particular guy came on and sat next to door, I was on the other side of the carriage.
I messed up, I just so happen to pass his eye sight as he looked over at me, not thinking much of it, but it's awkward sometimes when you see someone watching you and this seems to happen quite a bit on the train with me.  Anywhoooossss...
 
He walks over to my part of the carriage and sits right next to me on the left, where there was an empty seat and starts the conversation off with...
"Hi"
".....Hello" taking out my headphones
"you on a linking thing?"
 
Lets pause right there, I'ma do a Kevin Hart on that ass right here. I never knew I was giving off that type of impression to even be the type to go home with someone and if I was then I apologise.
 
"what?"
"you on a linking thing?"
"no.....hell no...no...no"
"how come, you don't like me?"
"....I don't know you fam" I laughed
"but you could get to know me"
"listen I am not the person to be talking to about that"  All I'm thinking is for this train to hurry up and get to the damn station.
Again he asked me some personal questions like my age which I replied with at the time 'I'm 20 and you?"
"26" Lets pause again right there.
If you are 26 and still approaching someone with the line "are you on a linking thing?" you need to rethink your steps. PLEASE.
"you don't look 26 " cause he genuinely didn't.
"so you don't like me? I wanna take you out "
"like I said I don't know you and plus in order for that that to happen" which it wasn't "friend ship is required do you understand?"
"yeah, yeah"
"26 is a big age gap from 20 don't you think?"
"really do you think it's that big I don't"
".....it is..." I showed with my hands the gap I thought would be appropriate to this situation.
I gave him a chance to redeem himself, however, it did not prove to well, 
"where you getting off at?"
"Wood green"
"me too" Damn, damn, damnnnnnn, one silent ride I wanted by myself but no. I gritted my teeth and said oh ok.
As we both got off the train he asked me if I had a boyfriend which I replied no, he asked why.
"I'm just coasting through my life right now, no need for it really" he nodded. I felt slightly uncomfortable for the mere fact that he watching me as I went up the stairs, and I knew he was watching me, there was no hiding it. Since that day I didn't see him again, thank you Jesus.
I honestly am probably a person at first glance you'd think she's very serious, but please, as a young woman I don't and I think a lot of women do not want to be approached with the first question of 'sex?', word to the wise, I am the type of person whose grown up on valuing your self and your womanhood, a person has a temple that they should take care of that, and I'm very strong minded, I am not easily led a stray, treat me like a human being, and don't expect that I have no morals. To the guy I met on the train....well...good luck, if age hasn't matured your trail of thinking, maybe experience will, let me be experience number 1, the 1 that didn't work out for you.
 
From Knuckles.

Please reload

No comments:

Post a Comment