Sunday 24 January 2016


My first….

Club experience….don’t get it twisted….

Freshly in University and I was semi excited cause it was a new adventure for me and it must have been two months in I believe because it was near Christmas.. or maybe that was another time but anyway, we decided or let me rephrase that….my friends decided that we should go out to a club in Central London, my two friends live near campus and this was basically the first time for us all having our own sleep over, wow…. that sounds weird, but oh well.

The night started off, I had these heels, brat heels as my friend called them because they literally looked like something the brats would wear if you ever played with that toy, I took my fast self and bought them knowing I couldn’t walk in them. I’m 5’6 so I don’t really need it but it seemed different at the time. I have small ankles, so the strap needed another whole in it, naturally you would probably get a thin needle or something or pierce the whole with the buckle. No, not me. I took my friends big ass scissors thinking I was in control and just practically cut half the strap off. I had to look up at the ceiling like it was gonna give me the answers.

My friend and I oddly enough, saw something on YouTube about making a top out of tights, cheap as hell that what happens when you’re a student but anyway, we both ended up wearing these ‘tights top’….’top that’s tights’ you get what I’m saying, and I thought we looked good, took a couple pictures all four of us and then we headed out. The struggle started.

We took the wrong bus.

I’m sitting here laughing to myself, one of my friends sat downstairs, whilst the rest of us sat upstairs, I didn’t think it was right but during the journey I decided to go downstairs to check up on her. She ended up explaining the story about her going upstairs one time and she had shopping, and as her stop came I guess the bus was coming to a halt and as she made it near enough to the middle she dropped down the stairs-

“and that’s why Khadija, that is why I don’t go upstairs” I sat there rubbing my chin and then tapped her on the shoulder, this was a great start going to the club and hear this story….just…fantastic.

“I will even hold your hand, or I’ll stand behind you so if you drop I drop how about that”

“no I’m not coming up there”

So I was sort of stuck downstairs, I didn’t mind cause she’s such a sweet soul. Ok, so the bus stops and says it terminates here. My two friends come down the stairs struggling in heels. We get off the bus, I have that one friend who was turnt and I don’t mean drunk talking to the bus driver. Resulting her having an argument with the African man, although he was rude to say the least, but all we could do was laugh.

She came of the bus cussing. Still struggling I put on my heels and we walk to the centre of Trafalgar Square to meet up with someone else we go to University with and her friend. I never knew this but we had to pay to get into the club, so I had enough money on me anyway, but the others didn’t so we went to the cash point, there goes point number two that one friend who hasn’t got enough money, we all pitched in and handed her 5 pounds to get in, there we found a nice promoter….*sigh* flirting, kind words, and he was handsome. We ended up following him to the office where they sell tickets and all that, he said he’d be able to get us in to some other clubs, I think we took an offer but ended up going to the same club we were initially going to anyway. Skipping, skipping we went to the club it was ok, wasn’t great, came back out at probably 1.

Hell.

“you know what I’ma tell them about themselves-“ some other bits got lost in translation as we bolted for the reception of the promoters to the clubs in the square. I’m the friend that’s always tired and I was ready to go to bed. I’m sure people thought “look at these angry b*tches”

“I’m not being funny but I want my money back, it was crap and your man said it was going to be good and well-“

Here came the problem, my friend got into a mad argument with the woman behind the counter, people walking past like we crazy, promoters coming in trying to see what the fuss is, even one came in and tried and I mean he really tried to stop the argument.

“I’m not talking to you! you see me talking to this woman here do you see me having the conversation with you” I tell you this….my squad, was weak right now I won’t lie, we were genuinely weak!. I turned around, one was looking at pamphlets, PAMPHLETS!, the other one was about to choke this woman down and then the other interrupted by saying-

“I’ma about to throw up” and she ran out the office………….I…..I didn’t even know what was happening the team was falling apart so quick.

“What’s going on here?” a guy stood next to me and all I could respond with is.

“I have….no Idea…I just want some food and my pillow man”

“You!” who walks in the office at the right time, the promoter we spoke to.

“I told you guys it was a bad club you should of listened to me, what do you need you want to go to somewhere else” we couldn’t even do that, my friend called to say she was in KFC so we left in a hurry. Somehow we ended up in McDonalds after one of them had a hissy fit and said she wanted to sit down, another set of promoters walked up to us and asked us what we were doing tonight, and at the same time my friend yelled

“I’m tired! And my feet hurt!” and I swear on my life she walked into McDonalds like a child who just got sent to the naughty step, even the promoters looked at her like… ‘da’ f*ck’

“I’m sorry she aint from here, we gonna get her a happy meal she’ll be good” I sneaked past them and walked into the restaurant.

We ordered something to eat, whilst an old man gave the broke friend a rose. She still didn’t even look happy! I’m just laughing at the events that took place, it was just too….weird and I’m a person of comfort I like being at home. So we got the bus and headed back to my friends flat……..all I remember at the end of that night is me and the ill friend saying-

“Khad look at you and that big mac, just sitting there” I sat near the radiator sadly, eating this big mac that weren’t even big, and I think that was the most disappointing thing of the whole night. I…..well….yeah. It hasn't stirred me off clubbing, but it sure was an interesting night.

 

From knuckles.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment