Sunday 24 January 2016


There’s something different when you turn 21.

Recently my friends and I did a play for a group of year 9 girls. Obviously, I was one once upon a time, my friend face timed me and asked if I would help out. I’m pretty sure I asked her

“How do we even do this, I don’t even know how they act now” tell a lie, I know in some sense. However, there’s a limit. I know that there is a huge difference between when I was in secondary to now where the girls are a little more in tuned with life struggles than I was.

I was the good girl, always did my homework, always on time, always polite. I never really had a bad bone….probably not till I hit year 10 and 11, I was still a good girl getting the grades, but I was probably a little more comfortable with myself and my own mind.

“I don’t even remember some of the things I would even say at that time man” I said to Starr. We all explained what type of person we was back then, between the mischievous, and trouble makers I think that we ended up being near enough the same person we once was. Weird, we could be whatever we wanted and we near enough was the mirrored reflection of our former selves, and thinking about it we came a long way. All three of us never went to the same secondary schools, but none the less we had our separate experiences that carved our behaviour, I guess experiences is what carved our trail of thoughts.

I hope that we were able to at least speak to the year 9 girls that are heading off in this life and not knowing how quick it will come up on you. Maybe not today, not tomorrow or the week after that but you will think back at the situations that you came across at 13 or 14 and laugh, it’s a crazy place to be. Just don’t lose yourself on the path of pressure, that’s what it seems like society is leading people down nowadays. But you might not know that now, not to worry, plenty of time to learn.

From knuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment